Minutes from BGAC Meeting
November 8, 2022
Attendance: Robin Gerrow, Tom Gerrow, Marilyn Shrude, Lloyd Triggs, Jacqui Nathan, Dave Saneholtz, Anesa Miller
Meeting Called to Order & Welcome 6:30pm
- Guest Anesa Miller informed the Executive Committee that she has a verbally accepted offer to purchase the ‘Old Hospital’ next to Dunn’s Funeral Home on West Wooster Street. She is interested in offering to donate the building to a tax-exempt organization such as BGAC to be used for a public purpose – for example, an arts center. The building is more than 3000sf, and will need extensive restoration, estimated at about $500,000. Anesa offered to pay taxes and insurance on the property for 1-2 years. Her lawyer is Staten Middleton. Discussion followed regarding possible funding options, concerns from neighbors regarding commercial use, the pedestrian district and parking. The building is part of the Boom Town Historic District, which may affect
- Approval of October Meeting Minutes M-Jacqui / S-Tom / motion passed.
- Treasury Report submitted – current bank total $4469, plus $18 in PayPal for a total of $4487.
- Per Huntington Bank requirements, a motion was proposed to secure the responsibilities of the current President and Treasurer (Robin Gerrow and David Saneholtz) as those responsible for holding BGAC credit and/or debit cards, and that the former President (Jacqueline Nathan) will no longer be authorized to use the BGAC credit/debit cards. M-Tom / SLloyd / Motion passed.
- Robin and David will investigate credit vs debit cards, reward programs, and limits and apply for them.
- BGAC now has 32 paid members, including some businesses.
- The Membership and Programming Committees are currently overlapping. Carrie Pierson and Lindsay Durham have Expressed interest in serving on the Program Committee.
- Ellen Fure Smith will give a talk about her art business at Myla Marcus afterparty sponsored by BGAC. This is proposed as the first in a monthly series of talks for artists and the public. Robin talked to Heath Diehl about the possibility of a theater presentation as the next event. A suggestion was made to ask Janet Ballweg if she would be interested in doing a presentation – Jacqui will follow up with her.
- Renew Chamber of Commerce membership @ $150. M-Jacqui / S -Tom / motion passed.
- David Dupont was positive about including an artist profile 1-2 times per month, if we write up a profile and supply an image. This could tie in to the monthly series of artist talks.
Announcements – none
Next meeting December 13, 2022. Location TBA