Bowling Green Arts Council
The Bowling Green Arts Council (BGAC) is comprised of volunteers who are involved and interested in the arts. Our objective is to work with individual artists, organizations, businesses and other groups to support the arts in the greater Bowling Green community. We meet at 6:30pm on the second Tuesday of each month at the Wood County Senior Center. All artists and arts lovers are welcome!
Art in the Park 2020 was a success!
Bowling Green Arts Council, in partnership with the Wood County Park District, promoted Art in the Park 2020 online; an event showcasing the talents of regional artists and performers, plus children’s activities, in the virtual version of Simpson Garden Park. The works of 19 local artists were viewed in over 10 U.S. states and 15 countries. Many thanks to all the wonderful artists who made this event possible! Art in the Park was sponsored by the BG Arts Council, with additional support from BGSU Galleries and College of Musical Arts. To view images of the event, CLICK BELOW.
The Economic Impact of Ohio’s Creative Industries
• Creative industries contribute more than $31.8 billion to Ohio’s economy annually
• Creative industries support 230,965 jobs in Ohio’s economy annually
• Creative industries generate $1.13 billion in state and local tax revenue annually
• Creative industries generate $2.25 billion in federal tax revenues annually
• Creative industries generate $8.6 billion in employee compensation annually
• Creative industries are spread throughout Ohio and are not only present in urban areas
Source: Research Memorandum, February 4, 2015, from the Center for Regional development at BGSU